We LOVE growing our team! Valerie is our newest addition - and you WANT to get to know her! Read on to learn more about what Valerie does as our Inside Sales Associate!
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
We're on month #3 of our MFRET Open House Relay! Our 4 open houses will be in Coatesville and Cochranville. This month, you're playing for a chance to win $50 to The Whip Tavern in Coatesville.
CAN WE SAY YUM?
CAN WE SAY YUM?
David shares more how our Open House Relays work:
Here are the open houses participating this month in Coatesville/Cochranville (and what you'll be looking for to take pictures of):
(Chandelier in Dining Room)
(Black & White Square-Patterned Rug in Dining Room)
209 Bardel Drive, Coatesville
(Brown Circle-Patterned Curtain in Bedroom)
(Black Table in Dining Room)
Intrigued? We'll be ready for you THIS Sunday, April 27, from 1pm-3pm.
HASHTAG TO FOLLOW:
on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Next Open House Relay will be Sunday, May 18. Mark your calendars!
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Remember: You only get one chance at a first impression.
Make it count!
- Secure valuables (tech devices such as laptops, tablets, phones), bills (some have account numbers), spare keys to the house and prescription drugs
- Have all counter tops cleaned off. Remove counter top appliances such as toasters or coffee makers.
- Keys and personal items should be stored away.
- De-clutter / put away everyday items: dishes, mail, shoes, coats, kids' toys, sporting equipment, etc.
- Take 15 minutes and organize / purge your fridge - because a buyer WILL look!
- Make sure the thermostat is set appropriately for the weather and make the home comfortable for showings.
- Take the trash out and consider hiding garbage cans.
- Minimize family photos
- Do a thorough cleaning - even if you have to hire a cleaning service
- Improve curb appeal: Mow the lawn and trim back overgrown shrubbery, mulch, paint shutters, weed gardens, address the trim, fix walkways, clean exterior windows, power wash home.
- Make the bathrooms shine: Toilet seats down, clean mirrors and other glass surfaces.
- Bake something that smells good. Chocolate chip cookies, apple pie. I've used the pre-made cookie dough and frozen pies for this. A pan of apple juice with cinnamon and cloves simmering in the oven works well and is easy.
- Put fresh flowers or flowering plants on the dining room table
- Play soft music
- Turn on all of the lights
- Offer snacks and water
- Take all the magnets and pictures off the refrigerator.
- If guns are in the house, make sure they are secured.
- Open the windows - buyers love lots of natural light.
- Stick all personal toiletries in a drawer or a basket. (no one wants to see your toothpaste or hand lotion)
- Organize toys or store them while your home is on the Market
- Less is more. Remove excess furniture if possible.
- Replace light bulbs that are burnt out. The better the lighting, the better the results.
- Walkways to and from the home should be clean and clear.
- Hide feeding bowls, litter boxes, dog beds, etc. Some home-seekers have allergies and can be put-off by their presence.
Here's our gift to YOU: a printable checklist to have on hand before showings! This is a great way to make sure everything inside (and outside!) of your home is ready to show.
Just right click to save to your computer and print!