Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Holidays...











And now...


A Christmas Ode to 80's David

Twas the night before Christmas And all through this movie
Not a creature was stirring Not even Bon Jovi
In a season of perms and lots of big hair
It’s the 80’s and we wait for St. Nicolas to be there

The children were nestled all snug in their beds
while visions of Care Bears danced in their heads
With I in my Menudo shirt and Mom in her hightops
We settled down to watch a riveting half hour of Cops.

When out in my driveway there arose such a clatter
I sprang from my waterbed to see what was the matter
Away to the window I flew like The Flash
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave light to the pogo sticks and objects below.
When what, to my wondering Walkmen should appear
But a miniature sleigh and 8 tiny reindeer

With a little old driver so lively and quick
I knew this slick dude must be St. Nick
More rapid that the bullet that shot through JR
He called to the reindeer, letting us know who they are:

Now Dasher! Now Dancer! Now Prancer and Vixen

On Comet On Cupid On Donner and Blitzen!
To the top of the Delorian, to the top of the wall!
Now dash away dash away dash away all!

He was dressed in red fur, as he looked ‘round the room.

With the coolness one might find from Max Headroom.
A bundle of toys all created by Mattel
were flung on his pack and ready to sell.

He spoke not a word but started dolling out loot
From Light Brites, VCR’s and even a Zoot Suit.
And laying a finger aside of his nose
And giving a nod up the chimeny he rose!

He sprang to his sleigh, and yelled “HAMMER TIME!”
And away they all flew on the turn of a dime.
But I heard him exclaim as he drove his sleigh out
“Santa, that’s my name...DON’T WEAR IT OUT!”


1 comment:

  1. This is very creative, but you forgot to mention the Hypercolor shirts, friendship pins and Union Bay jeans.

    ReplyDelete