Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Team Eats: Rachel's Tips for PERFECT Sticky Toffee Pudding


After having Sticky Toffee Pudding at The Whip Tavern a few years ago I decided it was so good I needed to know how to make it.  Below is a link to a recipe that I use, I have also included some tricks that I find very useful.



Rachel's Go-To Recipe 
for 

Rachel's Tips:

1.  After the cakes are done use a straw to stick in the middle and remove some of the cake.  This ensures that the cake really soaks up the sauce.

2.  Do not start to prepare the sauce until right before you plan on serving, if it sits for to long it starts to get really thick and harden. 

3.  Serving vanilla ice cream and whip cream on the side are a MUST.  It will melt in the sauce and helps to tone down the sweetness of it. 

I would also like to challenge anyone who makes this to then try the Whip's version and see how they compare.  I was very impressed with the fact that I (along with others) have confirmed mine tastes better!


No comments:

Post a Comment